Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Monday, August 14, 2006

mixed messages...

From eHarmony to me:

Please be aware that in order to match with another eHarmony user, that user must specify 'Other' in their match preferences, or give no preference. While this is a highly personal choice for you, we do recommend that you consider identifying yourself as a specific ethnicity, especially if you find the number of matches you receive is limited.

From me to eHarmony:

I received an internal message from the site regarding my choice of ethnicity as "Other," saying that "we do recommend that you consider identifying yourself as a specific ethnicity, especially if you find the number of matches you receive is limited." I am a member of one of the fastest growing sectors of our population, that is, I am a biracial/interracial/mixed race person. I find it terribly restrictive that eHarmony will not let me choose more than one ethnicity, or if that makes the logarithm too complicated, that there is not an option for interracial/biracial/mixed. I don't think I should have to choose just one if that does not represent me. I know I can't be the only member with this concern.

-j

Ugh. I mean, even Yahoo has a category for interracial. Sheesh.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you get a response back of "Does not compute, does not compute" followed by a burning smell? that's totally gonna fuck with eHarmony's equation.

    and isn't that just like a bad relationship? "It's not me, it's YOU who isn't making this work! I'm trying here but you're all like 'other' this and 'other' that. How can I be expected to pair with such ambiguity?"

    I'd ask for my money back :)

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jonna* said…

    "ERROR... ERROR". I bet that eHarmony dude is nothing more than a ScanTron robot. They feed the data into his mouth... then what comes out the other end are your ideal matches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home