Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

catharsis? we'll see

i'm having some trouble shaking this one off. and then on top of that I'm getting frustrated at myself for that. fun. i don't expect a response, but i thought i'd at least put something out there in the hopes that doing so might help me move toward resolution on this annoyingly confusing (and ultimately meaningless) situation.

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:15:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: J
To: R
Subject: last one, i promise

hey rob --

just trying to make sense of this. perhaps:

a) you met someone else that you are interested in pursuing
b) you don't feel that there was chemistry/potential between us
c) you have too much going on in your life
d) you are deathly ill
e) other...

i know it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things -- we only met twice. i certainly hope i'm not coming across as needy or stalker-ish. i'm just trying to close the book on this one and it is hard to do with no information. if you put yourself in my position, you have to admit it is a bit confusing. what would have happened if I had answered the phone when you called on friday? would things have turned out differently? there seemed to be enough interest to sustain our communication over the weeks that i was away, so it is hard to imagine why it dropped off so suddenly. of course you don't owe me anything, but i just thought i'd try one last time to get some info from you. please know that my ego is not so fragile that i can't handle rejection -- and also that i know that for the right person i'm a pretty good catch. i supoose that just wasn't the case here.

anyway, i did enjoy meeting you and hanging out with you and i wish you all the best in life, love, fatherhood, marathon running, and all things related to [your line of work].

-j

1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jonna* said…

    Ugh, that really sucks. Sorry. I know however, that when I say things like... "I am not gonna hold my breath" I totally end up doing so.
    It is ok to be bummed - it is ok to wait with baited breath... what is more important is to focus on things in your life that are actually going on... not - not going on.
    Or just get liquored up with Team J.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home