Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

scientifically proven?

so, back on the e-harmony thing again. someone who might be interesting wants to learn more about me in that contrived, e-harmony sort of way. this is the furthest i've gone in the process (i guess for that site, getting to the "Second Questions" is kind of like getting to second base in the real world... ; ). so for your reading pleasure...here are my responses....

1. Describe an interest you have that you would truly hope your partner could share with you.
I really enjoy listening to live music from time to time, about once or twice a month. Nothing too crazy or loud, but I just love the experience of being present when art is being created live on the stage. It is a way of reminding me of the value of being in the present moment, as that same music will never be created the same way in the same setting with the same audience ever again.

2. What have you learned from past relationships?
Probably most importantly not to settle. My mom told me once, "if a man tells you you are too good for him, believe him." Not to say that I have an unrealistically high standard, but that I've learned it is not too much to ask to feel respected, appreciated, and cared for and to have your needs met for the most part. I've also learned that I can be very giving, but I need to remain aware of the balance in the relationship so I'm not doing all of the giving.

3. Describe the worst date you've ever been on.
Hmmmm...I generally enjoy meeting new people, so even if there is no romantic spark I try to find something good in the experience. That said, one not-so-great date was a set-up -- my friend was certain that I would really like this person. He was nice enough, but not at all my type, and I just kept wondering during the experience, does my friend really not know me as well as I thought she did to think that this individual and I could be a good match? I guess it was less about the date than how distracted I was trying to understand what my friend was thinking, but the whole thing was pretty uncomfortable.

Will keep y'all posted....anyone else want to take a crack at these questions?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jonna* said…

    2. What have you learned from past relationships?
    I have learned that although going through someone's email might seem like a good idea at the timeā€¦ you never can play it off, nor will ever forget what you find out.
    It just isn't worth it.
    That, and to be extra careful when stealing money from their wallet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home