Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BLOG overdue...

I know, dear readers, it has been for-evah!!

The emotional aftermath of the demise of my last attempt at a relationship (details here) was a bit more intense and protracted than I would have imagined, which led to a definite break in my dating (and thus blogging) life, but I'm baaaackkk!  

Here's all the news that's (kind of) fit to print:
  • Since March, I've had two dates with Hurricane Kyle with our third date scheduled for Friday.  In very reality-show like fashion he has reemerged, asking me "not to give up on him."  I don't know, he kind of gave up on me a month into our first attempt at dating, so he still has quite a bit of 'splaining to do, but I must say I do get all fluttery and weak in the knees when I spend time with him.  So smart, so cute, so funny... (Actually, I have two married friends who know him and they are both all "he's so HOT!" whenever I mention him...but that's not the driver here, I didn't even reply to his first note to me via Match.com!)  I'm well aware of the whole "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" potential of this but I've also learned (from AH) that couples who get back together after a break-up due to timing issues have a high likelihood of working out.  Stay tuned.
  • I have had a few dates with a public defense attorney, M., 43, He's also smart and funny but I'm not sure the elusive "chemistry" is there.  I think I might have to make the case for a friendship -- I totally enjoy hanging out with him and we have similar taste in music and share an enjoyment of going to live shows...we'll see what he says.  (I was joking to my friends that after 4 dates I've only given him a peck on the lips, I wonder if he thinks I'm a bit frigid...hahahhahaha! Read on! : )  He did take me to see Flight of the Conchords, which makes some of my friends feel as though I should marry him immediately! : )
  • I don't want to get too much into this one, but let's just say that when my friend AH is out of town I tend to make BAD decisions.  And with this particular bad decision, I think I discovered the terrible hookup trifecta:  bad kisser, woefully inadequate equipment, ridiculously early firing of said equipment.  (So sorry if you are reading this, Jul.)  And let's just say said landmine was dropped way too close to my house, thus inadvertently giving this individual the idea that "stopping by" was acceptable behavior, which he did at about 11:30 pm (on a WEEKNIGHT!) while my MOM was visiting!!!!  ("Who's that at the door, honey?"  AAAARRRGGGHHH!)  Ah well.  More fodder for the blog I suppose.  But I'm definitely too old for that sh*t.
I guess those are the headlines for now.  Spring has come to Chicago and the attendant re-awakening of hormones, revealing of arms and legs without the risk of frostbite, and outdoor EVERYTHING (sports, eating, festivals, concerts) should make for interesting times around here...

xxoo ~md

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home