Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

cultivating my inner multi-dater

i think i'm in pretty good shape following the kyle debacle. whew.

so now it's onto a new strategy!

following the sage advice from what has become my favorite dating book, the four man plan, i think it's time to try to be a multidater.

me, i've been a serial dater. one at a time, evaluating each individual on his merits, seeing where it goes, focusing on one person at a time. now i think it is time to truly make it a buyer's market. (of course, this is facilitated by the fact that i now live in a city where there there seems to be the possibility of more than one man actually wanting to date me at a time, another proof point that this move was a wise one.)

there are some pretty simple mathematical properties underlying the 4 man plan, but the most important rules are: always go on second dates, because you never know; never sleep with more than one person at a time; and make the guys aware that they are not your only suitor (in a subtle way, such as, "of all the guys I'm dating, you are definitely the funniest").

so far, here are the contenders:

m, a creative director for an ad agency, 42, had a really fun first date last week.
r, "between jobs," recently divorced, great sense of humor, 34, needs to get his act together though.
n, 28, totally cute and nice, has a good job, but i'm not sure the spark is there.
j, my mr. big, 47, lives in san diego though.

there are a few more internet-based potentials out there...we shall see if any of them make the leap from virtual to actual.

so i guess this means i'm officially multi-dating. stay tuned.........


and, as cindy lu says, "Have fun dammit!"

~md

1 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello md! Coach Lucy here, dating coach with The Four Man Plan :) - I loved reading your blog! I'm from LA but love Chicago; my brother & nieces live there and my 3 1/2 Man is a native. Chicago guys ARE different from the ones in LA - I think you'll likey.... Come check out our Forum sometime! xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home