Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Friday, January 30, 2009

the dog ate my homework

The e-mail to my best friend explaining the demise of the latest suitor...

-------

Re: N, again he didn't call me (or answer/call back/text/email) this past weekend. I finally called his work # on Monday to make sure he wasn't dead, and once the receptionist said he was there I said "ok, thanks, bye." He called my cell 2 minutes later from his work phone and left a message saying "I take it it was you that just called, my brother has my phone, so you can give me a call at work or vice versa."

Whaaaaaat? What does that even mean? You couldn't get it back from him even though he lives a few El stops away from you? You couldn't email me? Stop by? Send flowers? WTF?!?? So I have not called him back and he hasn't called me either and the whole thing is bullsh*t if you ask me. I'm pissed and I keep questioning myself, was I expecting too much? Was he just trying to get some action? Was it all about the chase? Are we even going to have a "break up" conversation?!? Sooooo frustrating. Part of why I haven't called you is that I almost don't even want to talk about it.

-------
So there you have it, dear readers, consider yourself up to date. This from a guy who pursued me since September and insisted on an exclusive relationship. What. ever.

~md

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home