Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Friday, January 02, 2009

1, 2, 3, 4, tell me that you love me more...

I know, that song is so last year, but it captures something important about my life at the moment.

Perhaps the first go-round of the multi-dating was a bit of a bust, but round two seems a bit more interesting. There is probably only one truly viable candidate in the mix right now, but this time I'm definitely noticing that what Cindy Lu said was true: that if guys feel that they are competing for your affections, they behave differently (i.e., my phone be blowing UP lately!). So I currently have a few "vy-ers," including the one it took me 6 months to meet. (I don't think Cindy would approve of him or that protracted e-courtship, but I did notice that as soon as I mentioned that I was interested in someone else we met three days later. Hmmm. Yet he also proves the Lu-ism: "the guys that we find instantly attractive are often the worst possible choice for a girl who wants to move away from a life fraught with anxiety, drama and pain." Hear that, AH?!? See, my eyes are open! : )

So I'm having fun and it seems like a good way to start off the New Year and more evidence that my move to the Midwest was a wise one. And I'm doing my best to follow all the rules (e.g., give them a chance, be open to the unexpected, keep your legs closed... ; ) So stay tuned! And Happy New Year everyone!

~md

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home