Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

e-disharmony

online dating is pretty much a drag, but i must say e-harmony takes the cake. i don't know what it is, but i have found my experience with that site just depressing. they claim to have this whole compatibility thing down, but it seems like the people they send me who i find interesting don't respond to my "requests to communicate" and the few who have wanted to communicate with me don't feel right. and they let you choose race and religion, but height is not a factor. now perhaps i am height-ist, but i am a tall woman, and since i am not a waif, i tend to be attracted to guys who are about my height but usually taller to try to even out the weight differential. (some who know me may observe that i have tended to be drawn to the more slender body type, though not exclusively for sure.) and they have this feature where you can "close" a connection -- and lately before i could even check out the person they delivered to my inbox, that person has closed the connection. that's just annoying.

also, 95% of the people they have sent me have been in the greater LA region. now, that's partly my fault for specifying a pretty wide radius of acceptable distance. my point here is that the odds are starting to suggest that there aren't many guys who are compatible with me who live in SD. it could be that the guys here are too busy surfing, out at bars or getting tattoos or whatever, or maybe they don't want to spend their hard-earned cash on what may turn out to be a republican-funded quasi-Christian homophobic dating site. i don't know. they sucked me in with the big 6 month discount, so they have me for a few more months, but let me tell you, even my optimistic self is doubtful that this one will pan out.

who knows, though -- maybe they'll surprise me....

3 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    perhaps you are height-ist?

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger j said…

    hey, you ain't so innocent yourself. ; )

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said…

    my sister tried eHarmony here in san diego and didn't have much success. one guy wasn't interested in a relationship (huh?) and the other will surely be changing his profile from men seeking women to men seeking men when he is ready to own up to his sexuality. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home