Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Monday, February 13, 2006

"black tuesday"

when i was in college, my roommates and I always called valentine's day "black (insert day of the week here)." it was our way of bonding in our mutual dislike of the ultimate Hallmark holiday.

bracing myself a bit for this day, i realize that it doesn't really feel like a big deal to me this year. sure, i am still single, sure i wouldn't mind receiving a beautiful bouquet (much like my mom, i love flowers in general), but it doesn't matter. i know that i have amazing people in my life that love me -- family, friends, even my wonderful co-workers -- and i'll see many of them tomorrow, over the weekend, in the near future. also, knowing that there will soon be another person in my life to love (this being my forthcoming nephew!) is an exciting prospect this year brings. sure, a phone call or cute e-mail from a potential suitor would be nice (actually, i have it on good authority that at least one of those will happen ; ). so i'm just going to go with the flow and wear something cute and smile a lot. why the hell not. being grumpy about valentine's day this year isn't going to change anything.

so happy tuesday, everyone. and if you are feeling miserable, don't judge yourself. it'll be over soon. -md

1 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So your saying it's a black thing?

    :o)~

    oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home