Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Monday, September 11, 2006

lame

well, in some respects i was wrong. this appeared in my inbox late sunday evening:

Hey there,
I'm really sorry , I forgot to call you. I was watching football, and drinking beer, you know the rest. Hope your [visit with family] was good. I would still like to get a beer soon tho, if you want to.
Have a good work week, its back to the grind bright and early.

-K

Not sure this dude deserves a second chance...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger zombie squirrels said…

    Well I'm sure - and he doesn't. First, the excuse is completely lame, and second, if that is his real excuse - what? You don't forget to call someone that you wanna see because you're drinking beer. He's a dork.

    I had an interesting convo last night with the current datee(?) about why people flake, etc. Too hard to explain to go into here, but remind me to share. Basically, she felt that it was tougher to get things going/find romance when you start dating online as opposed to it happening in the course of normal life(?). I don't know that I agree with her theories 100%, but it was another viewpoint to consider.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    football is never an afterthought with dudes who watch it so too lame to consider for a second date would be my vote, unless he begged...

    about online dating being hard to start something. seth, forgetting he found me on myspace, went off on a similiar tangent: online dating is doomed. I countered that a)we met on myspace and b) with online profiles you get a better idea of the person than approaching someone at random in a bar; if you're not successful with that leg up, then god help you :)

    that said, I've never really been too terribly successful at any kind of dating.

    MD. you're more memorable than Football and yummier than beer. that's the bottom line. and I hope this blog isn't a jinx.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger j said…

    you guys are too kind. i'm inclined to agree with you. ~md

     

Post a Comment

<< Home