Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Friday, July 14, 2006

e-harmonizing

my e-harmony 6 month trial expired on 7/12...i was happy to let it go by the wayside, but they sent me what appeared to be an intriguing match on the 13th. hmmm....i guess i'll give them three more months of my hard-earned cash. bastards.

at least said intriguing match initiated contact with me (sadly, i think the gender rules apply to e-harmony...communication i initiate never goes anywhere, but if i reply to a man initiating contact, it moves forward. hmmmm. so much for online dating leveling the playing field between men and women).

so here are the questions (they are pre-structured, of course) and my answers...wonder if it is off-putting that i wrote in all my responses instead of doing the multiple choice thing. must reflect my disdain for standardized tests! feel free to chime in on any of the questions...or my answers (the "E" response to each question is my self-composed reply). i'll keep you posted if i hear anything back...


1. If you were taken by your date to a party where you knew no one, how would you respond?
A) stay close to my date, letting him/her introduce me
B) find a spot at the back bar and relax alone, letting him/her work the room
C) strike out on my own, introducing myself and making friends
D) I would ask my partner if I could skip this particular event
E) although i'm far from socially clingy, i think in a new situation the first option might best describe me

2. Your idea of adventure is:
A) whitewater rafting
B) karaoke singing
C) trying a different route to work
D) ordering a dish you've never tried before
E) i took surfing lessons for my 33rd b-day last weekend, that seemed pretty adventurous to me! : )

3. On Saturday night, would you rather go to:
A) ballet/theater/symphony
B) a professional sporting event
C) a popular new movie
D) the latest dance club
E) an independent film, live music, or a great meal (or some combination thereof)

4. Which sort of date sounds like the most fun to you?
A) attend a lecture on a topic that appeals to both of you
B) go bargain hunting at a local flea market or antique shop
C) go bowling
D) visit a local comedy club
E) bowling can be fun, as can comedy...perhaps the more intellectual pursuit once i know the person a bit better

5. Do you enjoy debating the issues of the day with your partner?
A) I hate to debate about anything.
B) Occasionally I don't mind a friendly debate, but I don't really enjoy it.
C) As long as we don't get too intense, I enjoy a good discussion about general issues.
D) I find it stimulating to debate various "issues of the day" with my partner and love it.
E) i enjoy debate and consider myself politically aware, but i work in education reform so dealing with social issues on and off the clock all the time can get a little intense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home