Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

two things...

One: I now know the most popular Chicago pick up line...the first time I heard it, I thought it was original, but hearing it again tonight, I see that it may be commonplace:

"There she is!"

Amazingly effective, at least the first time around. Makes you feel kinda special, noticed, possibly confused with someone famous, whatever! It makes you turn around (way more than a whistle or catcall ever would). But I wised up tonight and said no thanks. Forewarned is forearmed!

Two: Boys are dumb everywhere. In this case, it's the special ed teacher/in a band guy...we traded a bunch of nice emails, he asked about my availability this week (in the middle of last week), I said Wednesday was good, haven't heard from him and it's now 11pm Tuesday. Ah well.

Goodnight! ~md

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home