Mystery dater

mid-30's, single, some say attractive, now in chicago. the trials and tribulations of dating from my perspective.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

is it weird...

...if you go on a semi-blind (internet) date and the bartender at the place you picked is someone you met a few years ago on a semi-blind (internet) date? at first i was worried it would be weird..."i thought you only worked happy hours!" i say to my friend the bartender, but it was totally fine. if anything, i think it showed that i have a type as there was a bit of physical resemblance between my date and my friend the bartender. funny.

we had a beer, put some songs in the jukebox, played pool (he won, dammit!) - but all in all it was fun. i thought for a minute i was going to be posting "so what if they guy you have a date with wants to hook up with you, and you also want to, but you have a suspicion that that's not the best way to land a second date..." but in the end he ended up being a sweet gentleman -- a nice smooch on the couch and then an "i should be going..." (after telling me that i am a great kisser, of course :) -- good ending since i need to get up early. we hugged, he left and said "i will call you," so hopefully he will but not a big deal if he doesn't. my sweet friend MS called recently and told me to kiss somebody last weekend, and while that didn't happen, i'm happy to report that i kissed someone today. who knows what the future holds with any of this, but it's good to be back in the game. goodnight! ~ md

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger zombie squirrels said…

    I saw the bartender in question coming home last night as I was leaving work, and I was actually wondering to myself why he wasn't at his happy hour shift. Funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home